Fake ID Charge in Philadelphia
Every bartender, server, and bouncer in and around Philadelphia is constantly on alert for underage drinkers looking to drink using Fake IDs. If, and when, these underage drinkers are caught, they are in for a cruel realization. Underage Drinking charges can result in fines, loss of driving privileges, and a potential black mark against you. The consequences flowing from a conviction for using a false identification can follow you down the road, when colleges and employers look at your background. In some instances, the police can even charge you with Felony Forgery. If you or your child were charged with using a fake ID, call the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. for help.
Fake ID Facts
Penalties for using a fake ID:
- If you're a minor, the police will notify your parents
- Possession of a false driver's license carries a six (6) month license suspension
- Underage drinking carries a 90-day license suspension
- A charge and arrest will reflect negatively in background checks, potentially making it difficult to secure and maintain employment
- Potential Felony Forgery charges, carrying maximum penalties of seven (7) years in jail.
In Pennsylvania, it is illegal:
- To carry a fake ID
- To use a fake ID to (attempt to) buy alcohol
- To illicit assistance in securing alcohol by lying about your age
A fake ID is:
- An ID that has false information about your -
a. birth date
- Another person's ID who you try to utilize as your own
If you have an identification that attempts to pass off as a valid U.S. state or Federal ID, but was never issued by any government agency, you can be charged with Felony Forgery.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
Don't let your, or your child's long-term potential be limited by a lapse in judgment or mistake. You need to retain counsel who will diligently defend you or your child's rights in court in order to preserve their good name. Additionally, the loss of license can prove quite burdensome for a young person who requires transportation to school or work.
Do not gamble with the future. Call the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
This content was written on behalf of Greg Prosmushkin.