Experiencing a personal injury can be a devastating, life-altering experience. Major injuries can impact your quality of life and leave you permanently disabled, unable to earn a living. Hopes can be smashed as the reality of life after injury shows its bleak face. However, people who were hurt because of someone else’s negligent actions have options under civil law. You do not have to suffer quietly, and you deserve the opportunity to recover damages from the party that was liable for your pain and suffering in court. If you were hurt through someone else’s negligence and want to talk over your legal options with a personal injury lawyer in Allentown, contact the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. today for a free consultation.
Personal injury takes on many forms
Some examples of personal injury cases include:
- Trip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability injuries
- Product liability injuries
- Professional malpractice injuries
What to do if you have been injured
There are three key things you need to do in the aftermath of a personal injury:
- Get immediate medical help. Even if you think your injuries are minor and want to save on doctor’s bills or ambulance costs, it is important to allow a medical professional to evaluate your condition and render treatment.
- Document your injuries. Write down or otherwise record the sequence of events leading up to your injury and document the injury itself by taking photos. Keep copies of all medical bills related to treating your injuries.
- Call a lawyer to discuss your options under the law as a personal injury victim.
Establishing liability in personal injury cases
It is an unfortunate fact that many cases of personal injury could have been prevented but for someone else’s negligence. When one party’s negligence results in physical or psychological harm to another person, that party can be held liable for the damages resulting from their negligence in civil court. For example, if a driver fails to stop at a red light and causes a pedestrian accident or bicycle accident, the driver can be held liable—or responsible—for their negligence and may be compelled by the courts to pay out damages to the injured parties.
We can offer legal assistance if you have been injured
If you need a personal injury lawyer in Allentown, call the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to discuss building a legal case. Our knowledge and experience in personal injury litigation is unsurpassed in the area, and we can put our legal expertise to work for you. No matter how your injury took place, we want to help you get justice, and we can assist you with pursuing the recovery of damages. Damages are calculated by the courts based on lost wages, medical bill costs, daily living expenses and pain and suffering endured because of the accident. These damages may then be paid to you in the form of financial compensation from the liable party. Contact us today for a free case assessment.