No kind of crash is a pleasant experience, but a bicycle crash can be scary and cause devastating injuries. If the negligence of another person has caused you harm and you need a Bethlehem bicycle accident attorney, please call us today.
The team at the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. is ready to step in and investigate what happened. We will work to secure the compensation you need for all of your crash-related expenses. You do not have to continue being the victim.
What happens with these crashes?
When you head out on a bicycle, you know there are risks. Even for cyclists who wear a helmet, there is no way to fully prepare for an impact with a vehicle. Consider that the average passenger vehicle weighs around 4,000 pounds and you can understand why nearly every bicycle crash results in an injury or fatality.
- For the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania, there were 1,127 bicycle crash injuries and 21 bicycle crash fatalities.
- The number of bicyclist fatalities and injuries has been increasing over the last five years in Pennsylvania.
Injuries from bicycle crashes are often severe. It is not uncommon for us to see the following in the aftermath of a bike crash:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Each of these injuries requires immediate medical attention. What we often find is that bike crash victims need extensive medical procedure and rehabilitation in order to make a full recovery. In many cases, they suffer from temporary or permanent disabilities that completely change their ability to lead a normal life. This can affect their ability to work and earn an income, placing them and their families into financial jeopardy.
All too often, we find that bicycle crashes are caused by the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. This can include:
- Drivers who are impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Those who are distracted by their phones or other devices
- Drivers who speed or disregard other traffic laws
Bicyclists are often struck when they are on bike paths or sidewalk, at legal crosswalks, or using intersections with proper crossing lights. Negligent and careless drivers need to be held accountable.
Call us after a crash
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle crash that was caused due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, please seek legal assistance immediately. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to step in on your behalf.
Let our dedicated team get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible