Have you used a ridesharing service before? Whether you have or not, we know that you never thought you would need a Bethlehem Lyft accident lawyer. If the negligence of another person has caused you harm, whether as a Lyft passenger or someone struck by a Lyft vehicle, we are here to help. Let the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. investigate this incident so we can work to secure the compensation you deserve. We will handle the insurance companies and other parties so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What can happen?
There is nothing special about a Lyft driver. They are just like the rest of us. Rideshare drivers do not have any specific driver training that is mandated by the company. They use their regular vehicles to make some money.
- Lyft drivers are prone to the same driving mistakes and behaviors as anyone else on the roadway.
First, we need to take a look at the latest reporting year of data for Pennsylvania. We know that there were more than 128,000 traffic crashes reported and that out of those, there were 1,137 fatalities and over 80,000 injuries.
- More than 4,000 of those injuries were suspected as serious injuries.
What kind of injuries are we talking about?
While most vehicle crash injuries are minor, that does not mean they are cheap. Medical bills, even for minor procedures like X-rays, can be more than a family living paycheck-to-paycheck can handle. For major injuries, the expenses can reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Consider the following severe injuries we encounter:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Lyft has insurance, right?
Yes, Lyft does offer insurance to cover crashes, but that does not mean you will receive full coverage. It depends on what the driver is doing at the time of the crash.
- If a driver is not signed into the Lyft app to work, they are NOT covered by Lyft’s insurance in the event of a crash. Their personal insurance provider will be responsible.
- If a driver is signed into the app but is only waiting for a passenger, the driver’s personal insurance is still responsible for damages and injuries. Lyft’s insurance will kick in if a claim is denied or does not cover everything.
- If a driver is on their way to a fare or has passengers and is involved in a crash, Lyft has a $1 million policy to cover those involved.
Let us help you after a crash
Crashes involving Lyft vehicles can become incredibly difficult to deal with, especially if you have been injured. You should not try to handle this by yourself. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here for you if the negligence of another person has caused you harm. Let us work to figure out what happened so we can secure compensation for the following:
- All of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages