How could this have happened to me?
If you have been injured due to a defective product, that is probably one question you will ask. We never expect to need a product liability lawyer, but we know you need help now.
At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our qualified and experienced team will get to the bottom of what happened. We do not think you should be put into financial jeopardy because of the negligence of a product company or manufacturer.
You hear about these issues, but are they serious?
You probably hear about product recalls all the time:
- Thousands of pounds of chicken or beef recalled due to contamination.
- A baby toy recalled due to a choking hazard.
- Vehicle recalls issued due to faulty airbags or brakes.
Sure, these stories make it to the news, but how does this really affect you?
If you look at the website that tracks current recalls in the United States, you will see that there are hundreds of products currently on the market that can cause consumer injuries or illnesses. Every industry is affected:
- Food and beverages
- Medical devices
- Lawn chemicals
- And more
Here is the one thing we really want you to consider – most products are not recalled until a problem has already caused harm to consumers. In fact, there are times when recalls are not even issued until years after injuries or fatalities have been confirmed.
- Negligence or careless companies and manufacturers need to be held accountable.
How do products become faulty in the first place?
It is in the best interest of companies to NOT have faulty products on the market, but it does happen. Usually, one of three things happens:
- There is a problem with a product’s design that is not discovered during the testing phases and is only realized after it is in the consumer’s hands.
- The product experiences a problem during manufacturing that alters it from its original design, rendering it harmful for consumers (in many cases, a company that designs a product is not the same company that manufactures it).
- A product could also have problems with the label that mislead consumers (ingredient lists incorrect, hazards and side effects missing, instructions or dosages incorrect, etc.).
What you can do now?
There was no way that you could have known that a defective product would cause you or a loved one harm. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here to help if the negligence or carelessness of a product’s company or manufacturer is to blame for this incident. Let our knowledgeable and experienced team get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer