It is a sad fact that even the most cautious and defensive of drivers can become injured in a car crash through no fault of their own. While we may take every precaution ourselves to ensure our safety and the safety of others we share the road with when we get behind the wheel, another driver’s negligence can ruin all of that in the blink of an eye, resulting in major injuries or even fatal injuries. If you were hurt in a car crash and want to talk with a auto crash lawyer, contact the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to become more informed about your rights as an accident injury victim.
Examples of negligence and liability in car accidents
Negligence can unfortunately take many forms on the roadways. Some examples of how another driver’s negligence can result in an injury crash or fatal collision include:
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign resulting in a T-bone crash.
- Cutting someone off in traffic recklessly, causing a rear-end collision.
- Making an illegal left turn in front of a driver traveling straight.
- Failing to yield right-of-way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
- Speeding and side-swiping another vehicle, leading to the other car spinning out of control.
Car crash facts and figures
According to information made available by the Association for Safe International Road Travel, more than 1 million people lose their lives in vehicle accidents across the globe each year, with an estimated 37,000 of those deaths taking place in the United States annually. In the US alone, more than 2 million people are estimated to be injured in road crashes every year, with that number skyrocketing to as many as 50 million hurt in road collisions globally.
Staying safe behind the wheel
Although you cannot affect how another person chooses to drive their car, you can take a few steps to ensure a safer drive when you get behind the wheel. Some safety tips to consider are:
- Always drive defensively. Never expect safe, conscientious driving from others you share the road with and always be alert for “escape routes” in the event of encountering a reckless driver on the road.
- Keep your vehicle maintained. Vehicles with mechanical problems can be dangerous for both their operators and other drivers on the roads and highways.
- Obey all traffic laws. Come to a full stop at stop signs and avoid speeding. Use turn indicators when making a turn or when merging into other lanes.
The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. can help you file a claim in court
If you need a car accident lawyer in Camden, our attorneys can help. We specialize in automobile accident injury litigation, and we want to put our skills and know-how to work for you. As an accident victim, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation from the party whose negligence caused your injuries, and we will work hard to ensure you get every penny you deserve—and are entitled to—under the law. We never charge for a consultation, so contact us today for your cost-free case assessment.