Construction is a dangerous industry, but a necessary industry filled with talented workers who create buildings such as homes and shops and warehouses from the ground up. However, many of these workers work as contractors, leaving their clients “off the hook” for things like workers compensation in the event of an injury. However, if you experienced an injury while on a construction job and that injury happened because of someone else’s negligence, you may have more legal options than you think. We can help you fight to get the justice you deserve, and we never charge a fee for an initial consultation. If you were hurt in a construction accident and want to talk to a construction accident lawyer in Camden about your legal options as an injury victim, contact the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to discuss your case.
What to do after the injury
In the aftermath of a serious injury, the pain can cloud your senses, making it difficult to know what to do first. Here is what you should do after experiencing a construction injury:
- Seek immediate medical attention and get injuries treated. This is crucial regardless of how serious or minor you may believe your injuries to be.
- Document your injuries by creating a timeline of events leading up to the incident that caused your injuries. Take photos of injuries and keep copies of medical bills related to injury treatment.
- Bring this documentation to an attorney who specializes in handling construction accident injury claims so that they can begin to sculpt your legal case.
Common construction injuries
Unfortunately, the field of construction is rife with opportunities for injuries. Here are some common construction injuries:
- Heavy equipment malfunction resulting in major injury
- Falling from a high scaffold resulting in brain injury or spinal cord injury
- Dismemberment caused by a defective saw or chipper
- Falling debris causing a crushing injury
- Crane operation injuries
We can help if you were injured in a construction accident
If you need a construction accident lawyer in Camden, the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. can assist you with filing a claim in court. You deserve justice, and we want to help you get that justice via the civil court system. As an accident victim, you have the right to seek the recovery of damages in court, and these damages could be paid out to you in the form of financial compensation. If your injuries have left you unable to work, the payment of damages can help to ease the financial strain you may be experiencing due to lost wages, and those lost wages—along with medical expenses and pain and suffering endured as a result of the injuries you sustained—will be taken into consideration by the courts as they assign a monetary value to those damages. We want to help you, and we will work tirelessly to get you and your family every cent you are entitled to under the law. Call today for your free consultation.