Personal injury claims refer to any type of injury caused by someone else’s intentional, reckless, or negligent conduct. Personal injuries can happen anytime and anywhere including at a neighbor’s house, a public place, car accident, a place of business, a parking lot, at school, work, or church. If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s fault, our personal injury attorneys understand the impact personal injuries can have on your life and we want to see that you receive the compensation to which you are entitled.
Types of personal injury cases
Our personal injury attorneys have seen many different types of personal injury cases and the ones we see most frequently are listed below.
- Premises liability – Premises liability cases arise when a person is injured on someone else’s property, a place of business, or public property as a result of a dangerous condition or poor maintenance. Slip and fall injuries and dog bites are common premises liability cases.
- Motor vehicle accident – Motor vehicle accidents caused by negligent car, truck, bus, or motorcycle drivers frequently involve personal injuries.
- Train accidents – Passengers or people on or around the train tracks can sustain personal injuries caused by collisions, poor maintenance, unmarked crossings, and operator errors.
- Medical malpractice – Medical malpractice can cause injuries in any type of medical practice, but our personal injury team regularly sees injuries as a result of anesthesia and childbirth errors, surgical errors, misdiagnosis, and infections.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle accidents are all too common and injuries sustained can be severe or fatal.
- Pedestrian accidents – Like bicyclists, pedestrians have little protection when it comes to being hit by an automobile and that often makes for severe injuries to the pedestrian.
- Wrongful death – A wrongful death claim may be made when a person is killed due to someone else’s intentional or negligent conduct. Wrongful death claims seek to recover for financial and emotional damages suffered by close family members as a result of losing their loved one.
Recoverable injuries and damages
Before our personal injury attorneys make demands for compensation or consider settlement offers made to our clients, we put forth substantial time and effort in understanding the extent of our clients’ injuries and damages and how they have affected our clients and will continue to affect them and their families in the future. In order to properly value a case, we sometimes hire an expert to review medical records and conduct independent medical exams. Recoverable damages may include medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and lost future wages, disability and disfigurement. In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish a defendant for exercising egregious conduct that resulted in personal injuries to someone else.
If you or a loved one has sustained personal injuries due to someone else’s conduct, contact our Cherry Hill personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. Our experienced personal injury experts know that personal injuries can be life changing and devastating for victims and their families and we work to see that you receive the compensation you need to cope with your injuries and necessary accommodations.