Most of us go about our daily activities without considering what would happen to us if we get injured. Unfortunately, there are a number of ways that we can get hurt due to the negligence of others. Some of those ways are obvious, like vehicle accidents, while others are not something we think about often like dog bites.
Regardless of how someone else’s negligence causes us harm, we should not be put into financial jeopardy because of it. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we want to make sure you get the compensation you deserve when you need a personal injury lawyer.
What Are Personal Injury Cases?
Personal injury cases arise in various ways and we could possibly list them all here. This list is not complete but shows some of the ways in which other people’s negligence can cause you harm.
- Automobile Accidents: In Pennsylvania, we see far too many accidents that are caused by irresponsible driving behavior. This can include drunk drivers, which accounted for 26% of the total fatal accidents in the latest reporting year. Distracted drivers and those who drive too fast for conditions are also a major concern.
- Medical Mistakes: Errors made by healthcare professionals kill an estimated 250,000 people a year, making them the third leading cause of death in the US. Most of these are preventable errors and they are unacceptable.
- Workplace Incidents: Yes, work injuries should be covered by workers’ compensation insurance, but there are times when claims are denied or when you are eligible for more compensation that has been offered.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: These two groups are extremely vulnerable when they are in and around the roadways and are often the victim of careless driving behaviors. Serious injuries are common in pedestrian and bicycle accidents.
- Dog Attacks: There are many injuries that occur each year due to dog bites and attacks. Often, these incidents are preventable, but their owners did not take the steps to keep other people safe.
- Violence or Criminal Activity: Yes, those who commit crimes and harm people are usually held accountable in criminal cases, but that often does not help the victims. Those who cause harm can also be held accountable civilly through personal injury cases. This can apply to assaults, stabbings, gunshots, cases of domestic violence and more.
Please speak with an attorney regarding your particular case because there are many other ways in which people can sustain personal injuries.
Taking Control Of The Situation
You need to take the first step in securing an attorney as soon as possible after an injury that is caused by someone else’s negligence. Evidence of these incidents tends to disappear as time goes on, which is why our team will work quickly. At the the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we do not think you and your family should be put into financial jeopardy due to another person’s mistake.