Riding a motorcycle is a fantastic experience, but everyone who rides understands that there are risks. If the negligence of another driver has caused you or a loved one harm, you may need to secure assistance from a motorcycle crash lawyer.
The qualified and experienced team at The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. is ready to step in and get to work. We will investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
What are the crash stats for Pennsylvania?
Vehicle crashes are a reality, regardless of what type of vehicle you are in. For the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania, reports show us that there were over 128,000 total traffic crashes. Out of those, there were:
- 3,194 total motorcycle crashes
- 3,052 motorcyclist injuries
- 180 motorcyclist fatalities
When we talk about motorcycle crashes, we have to understand that they are different from crashes involving regular passenger vehicles. Motorcyclists have virtually no protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them.
- Nearly all motorcycle crashes result in an injury or fatality.
- Nearly 1,000 people have been killed in motorcycle crashes in Pennsylvania over the last five years.
It is not uncommon for us to encounter the following injuries as a result of a motorcycle crash:
- Spinal cord trauma (possible paralysis)
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or road rash
We need to consider a few things when it comes to these injuries. First, there will be enormous medical bills to contend with. If a motorcycle crash victim is unable to work while they recover, or is disabled and can never work again, we need to consider lost income.
- A motorcycle crash can put a victim and their family into financial jeopardy.
How do these incidents happen?
All too often, we find that a negligent passenger vehicle driver causes a motorcycle crash. Many drivers simply do not give motorcyclists enough space on the roadway, causing rear-end or lane change collisions.
Other times, we know that motorcyclists are victims of drunk driving incidents or become victims of a distracted driver. Sometimes, defensive driving is not enough to keep a motorcyclist from sustaining major injuries.
We know how to get you through this
The roadways are unpredictable, and there are times when the negligence of other drivers may cause you to harm when you are on your motorcycle. If that happens, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on our team to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your crash-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party