In the aftermath of an incident that causes you or a loved one spinal cord damage, we know that you will have many questions, including – do I need a Lansdale spinal cord injury attorney?
If the negligence or carelessness of another person has caused you harm, the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. are ready to help. Let us get to work today so we can get to the bottom of what happened. We want to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
These are serious injuries
Many people hear about spinal cord injuries, but they never think much about them unless they themselves or a family member are affected by one. These injuries affect not only their victims but also the victims’ families.
Spinal cord injuries can range in severity and happen in a variety of ways. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, these injuries occur primarily due to:
- Vehicle accidents (38.3%)
- falls (31.6%)
- violence (13.8%)
- sports and recreation incidents (8.2%)
- medical or surgical mistakes (4.6%)
- other (3.5%)
In the United States, there are nearly 300,000 people living with disabilities from spinal cord injuries and there are about 18,000 new cases a year.
What do these injuries cost?
The costs associated with spinal cord injuries vary depending on the severity of the injury. There are different levels of injury, though most people think of complete quadriplegia (complete paralysis). People can also lose function of just their lower limbs or even have partial paralysis of their limbs.
- The cost of treating spinal cord injuries for the first year of medical care ranges from $359,000 to over $1.1 million.
- Every following year will also see tremendous costs that can range from $43,000 to $191,000.
The true overall cost of a spinal cord injury is hard to measure. SCI victims often suffer from extreme emotional and psychological damages. In most cases, they are unable to return to work and will lose valuable income necessary to support themselves and their families. The costs of modifying homes and vehicles to ease an SCI victim’s mobility can easily reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Spinal cord injury victims and their families should not be left holding the bills if someone else caused their suffering.
Moving forward from here
We know that this is an incredibly difficult time for you. If you or a loved one have suffered from a spinal cord injury that was caused by another person’s negligence, the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. are ready to help you through this.
Let us get to the bottom of what happened. We will leave no stone unturned as we work to secure the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses (current and future)
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party