When you open up your phone app, press a button, and get into your Lyft ride, we know that you expect to get to your destination safely. However, there may come a time when you need a Levittown Lyft accident attorney.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an incident involving a Lyft vehicle, it is time to call the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will work to investigate the incident so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses.
Do These Crashes Really Happen?
We want you to know that most ridesharing trips are completely safe. However, accidents are going to happen regardless of which vehicles you are in. For the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania, there were more than 128,000 vehicle crashes. You can be sure that some of those crashes involved a Lyft vehicle.
Who can get hurt in these crashes?
- A Lyft driver and their passengers
- Passengers in other vehicles
- Third parties (bicyclists and pedestrians)
It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries as a result of vehicle crashes:
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
The most important thing that needs to happen after a crash is to seek medical attention no matter how minor an injury may seem. Even minor injuries can become incredibly expensive to treat. Major injuries can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially if rehabilitation is necessary for a victim to make a full recovery.
Lyft Has Insurance
We want you to know that Lyft does have insurance, but it depends on what is going on at the time of a Lyft vehicle crash as to how much they will cover.
What do we mean?
- If a Lyft driver is not signed onto the app to work, then Lyft will not cover any expenses and you will have to rely on coverage from the driver’s personal insurance company.
- If a Lyft driver is online and waiting for a fare but has no passengers, their personal insurance is still the primary insurance in the event of a crash. Lyft will cover expenses only if the primary insurer does not.
- If a Lyft driver is on the way to pick up a fare or has passengers, Lyft’s $1 million policy is active to cover the driver, passengers, and others affected in a crash.
Moving Forward Starts Now
Ridesharing services are convenient and reliable, but that does not mean that they are accident-free. If you or a loved one have been injured in an incident with a Lyft vehicle, please seek legal assistance. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are here to help.
Our dedicated team will work tirelessly to get to the bottom of what happened so we can secure compensation for the following:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the driver(s) or Lyft