Think about how many different products you use during the week. The number is probably staggering and you should not have to worry about whether the items you use or consume will cause you or a loved one harm. However, if you need a product liability attorney, the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. are here for you.
Our qualified and experienced team will investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. Holding companies and manufacturers accountable is the only way to prevent these things from happening to anyone else.
The Real Problems
If you regularly watch the news, then you probably see that there are product recalls mentioned all the time. In many cases, these recalls made because serious injuries or fatalities have occurred. If you take a quick look at the government website that tracks all recalls in the US, then you will see that no industry is spared:
- Food and beverages
- Medical devices
- Cleaning products
- Hygiene products
- And more
At any given time, there are hundreds of ongoing recalls. However, we know that there are many defective products on the market that have NOT been recalled.
These defective products can cause a wide range of injuries. This can include trauma, like burns, cuts, broken bones, and more. It can also include illnesses like food poisoning, respiratory problems, and even cancer.
In many cases, the signs and symptoms caused by a faulty product are not realized until years of use. Some examples of this have been seen over the last few years (RoundUp weed killer and baby powder have both been found to potentially cause cancer).
What Makes Products Faulty?
Products can become defective in many ways, but revolve mostly around:
- Design flaws – there are times when a product makes it through testing phases without a design flaw being discovered.
- Manufacturing errors – if a product is damaged or altered during manufacturing, it can become harmful for consumers.
- Labeling problems – sometimes, a product is perfectly fine but the label is incorrect. This can lead to incorrect instructions or dosages, hazards and side effects being left off, or ingredient lists being incorrect.
Regardless of how a product becomes defective, companies and manufacturers need to be held responsible if people are injured or become ill.
What Are Your Next Steps?
If you or someone you love has been injured or become due to a defective product, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., you can count on us to investigate the incident and work to secure the compensation you deserve for all of your injury-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer