When we see on the news that someone has lost their lives in a preventable incident, we never think that it could happen to someone we love. However, if you need a wrongful death attorney, you can count on the compassionate and knowledgeable team at the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. to help.
We will work diligently to investigate what happened so we can move to secure the compensation you need. If another person’s negligence was responsible for the death of your loved one, call us today.
What To Consider
These cases can become incredibly complex and may be intertwined with a criminal case (though this does not have to be the case). Wrongful death cases arise in many different ways when the negligent, careless, or willful acts of another person, company, or entity cause a fatality.
Today, we want to review some of the more common ways we see these cases arise, but please know that this is not a complete list. You should always speak with a qualified attorney before making any decisions.
- Vehicle Accidents – For the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania, there were 1,137 vehicle crash deaths. In many of these cases, the death was caused by negligent drivers. Those impaired by alcohol were responsible for 26% of all crash-related fatalities that year. Distracted drivers and those who speed are also major contributors to overall crash fatalities.
- Product Liability – We know that there is always product recalls in the US. If we look at the website that tracks all current recalls, we can see that many problems revolve around flawed designs, manufacturing errors, and problems with a product’s label.
- Workplace Accidents – Everyone has the right to work in an environment that is made as safe as possible by their employer. Workers should always have the equipment and training necessary to do their jobs.
- Medical Mistakes – More than 250,000 people are killed each year due to errors made by healthcare professionals. These mistakes can include birth injuries, medication errors, surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, and more.
- Criminal Activity – If a person loses their life because someone else was committing a crime, the suspect can be held liable both criminally and civilly.
- Police Overuse Of Force – Any time law enforcement or corrections officers use more force than necessary and cause a death, they could be held liable.
How We Can Help You Now
We know that you and your family are going through so much right now. If you have lost someone due to the negligence or carelessness of another person, company, or entity, we are here to help. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we want to make sure you are fairly compensated for all you have been through. This can include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages
- Punitive damages against those responsible
While we know that no amount of money will erase your loss, a settlement can help bring closure. When you need a Levittown wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 215-543-7220.