You should not have to worry about needing a car accident attorney. When you leave the house in your vehicle each day, you expect to be safe. However, we know that there are times when the negligence or carelessness of another driver can cause you harm.
At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to step in and help you navigate the waters of insurance companies and other parties. We will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What We Know
If you have spent any time driving in New Jersey, then you already know that we have our fair share of vehicle crashes. According to the NJ Department of Transportation, there were 270,231 total crashes reported across the state during the latest reporting year. Out of those crashes, there were:
- 61,753 injuries
- 624 fatalities
In Camden, we had nearly 15,000 of those reported vehicle crashes. This is simply a reality. While most vehicle crash injuries are minor, that does not mean you will escape major medical bills. A ride to the hospital in an ambulance, an X-ray, and a cast on a broken arm can lead to bills of several thousand dollars.
Now, consider these injuries that we commonly see in the aftermath of a vehicle crash:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Many of those injuries listen can lead to medical expenses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. If a victim is unable to work and earn an income, it can become nearly impossible to pay these medical bills or regular household bills.
How These Incidents Occur
Most vehicle crashes are preventable, but we know that there are drivers who make poor choices. Consider the following causes of vehicle crashes:
- Speeding or reckless driving – those who make the choice to ignore the speed limit or operate their vehicles in a way that jeopardizes other people’s safety needs to be held accountable.
- Distracted driving – nobody should ever be focusing on their phones, other devices, or other people in their vehicles.
- Drunk driving – anyone who makes the decision to drink and drive should be held accountable if they cause injuries or a death in a crash.
It Is Time To Get Help
If you or a loved one have been injured in a vehicle accident due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, please seek legal assistance immediately. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we will work tirelessly to secure compensation for all of your crash-related expenses. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible