How many items do you and your family use each day? We bet there are hundreds of them. However, if you or a loved one are injured or become ill due to something you have used or consumed, you may need a product liability attorney.
At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we understand that these cases can become complex and we want to work to secure the compensation you deserve. We will not let you be bullied around by product manufacturers or their insurance companies.
What We Know Can Happen?
When you hear about a product recall, what do you think? Do you check your house to make sure you do not have that product?
We see plenty of recalls on the news. Sometimes they pertain to vehicles or things like exploding electronics batteries. Other times, we hear about massive food recalls.
Please know that what you see on the news is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how many faulty products are on the market. In many cases, only hear about recalls after consumers have been injured or become ill due to the use of a product.
If you go look at the website that keeps track of all current recalls, then you will see that no industry is spared – they all have faulty products. This includes:
- Foods and beverages
- Medical devices
- And more
Injuries and illnesses due to faulty products can be severe. In many cases, these problems are discovered fairly quickly. However, there are many examples where a product’s problems were not known or disclosed until years after they were on the market. We have seen this happen in many cancer cases. Some examples from the last few decades include baby powder, weed killers, cigarettes, and more.
Products become defective in a number of ways, including:
- Poor designs that are not discovered and remedied during a product’s testing phases.
- Manufacturing errors that can alter a product’s design and render them harmful to consumers.
- Labeling problems that can make an otherwise safe product unsafe by misleading consumers about a product’s ingredients, hazards, or dosages. We rely on labels for everything we use and occasionally a simple typo can make them harmful.
What Comes Next?
We do not take these cases lightly. Everyone should be able to count on the products they use or consume to be safe, so if you or a loved one have been injured, please seek legal assistance now.
At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are going to get to work investigating what happened. We want to ensure that you are compensated fairly. This can include coverage for:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer