Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer
Serious accidents fall hand and hand with devastating injuries, emotional pain and economic destitution. Worse still, the aftermath of your accident isn’t any less stressful or aggravating than going through the misfortunate event itself. Dealing with insurance companies often causes victims to feel helpless, for they are treated as a number instead of a person who has just gone through a life altering tragedy. We know this is a difficult time for you, which is why the attorneys at The Law Office of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. pledge to making sure you receive the compassionate care and the compensations that you deserve.
If you or a loved one is suffering from an injury which was caused by another’s negligence or mistake, you will encounter several problems. Firstly, there are your physical injuries – such as spinal injuries, burn injuries, or scarring and disfigurement – to recover from. Moreover, there may be financial issues to consider, you might have expensive medical bills to pay, and you could be missing work. Recovering from an injury is often a slow and strenuous process. However, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you obtain a fair personal injury settlement, and recover from the financial issues resulting from an accident.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we provide aggressive service built on a foundation of skill and dedication, and driven by a desire to get the best possible results for each of our clients. Call us today in Pennsylvania at 215-543-7220 or in New Jersey at 609-775-9567. We have offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Trenton, New Jersey, but are happy to visit you in your home or hospital room if necessary.
For many years, our firm has handled Personal Injury cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, and accidents involving other types of motor vehicles. We work tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive all of the compensation to which they are entitled through favorable personal injury settlements and verdicts.
Our work with individuals injured by Dog Bites or dog attacks addresses all of the issues the victim may be experiencing. We work to help you overcome any and all physical, psychological, and cosmetic trauma.
Certain structural defects or weather conditions can affect safety when walking on another’s property. Our skilled premises liability attorneys relentlessly pursue compensation for those injured in slip-and-fall accidents.
Consumers reasonably expect that the products which they purchase are safe to use. However, when safety standards go overlooked, everyday household items can and do cause serious injury, and in some cases even Death. Talk to our firm about your options in obtaining a personal injury settlement in a product liability claim.
We know that pedestrians are the most vulnerable groups of people in and around the roadways. They have no protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them, and nearly every pedestrian accident results in an injury or a fatality. Pedestrians are especially vulnerable to careless and negligent drivers (impaired drivers, distracted drivers, etc.). A Southampton personal injury attorney understands these cases.
Along with pedestrians, bicyclists are vulnerable roadway users. Even when a cyclist is wearing a helmet, they can suffer from serious injuries. We know that reckless and careless drivers pose major risks for cyclists. Bicyclists can also be affected by poorly maintained roadways. It is the responsibility of municipalities to properly inspect and maintain roadways and pathways that cyclists use.
If you own or ride a motorcycle regularly, then you know there are risks. Even when you operate safely and wear a helmet, there is no way to completely absorb the impact of a motorcycle crash without sustaining an injury. For the latest reporting year, there were more than 2,200 motorcycle drivers involved in crashes in the state. Statistics show that there is an 82% chance of an injury in a motorcycle crash. More than half of all motorcycle crashes occur at intersections. Trenton personal injury lawyer can help you navigate these crashes.
When you go to work, you have the right to a workplace that is as safe as possible. Employers have a duty to ensure that their workers have the training and equipment necessary to do their jobs. They should never knowingly allow any worker to operate in an unsafe environment. We also know that many businesses use third-party contractors. In many cases, these third-parties do not have the same safety standards. In cases where a worker is injured by a third-party, they may be eligible for compensation beyond workers’ compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
If you need efficient legal assistance – the type that gets you the personal injury compensation you deserve – the time to act is now. Contact the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Suffering an injury caused by another individual or entity is not only a painful experience but also an overwhelming and confusing one. Many injured Pennsylvanians may not even realize that they can pursue financial compensation for their injury.
Following an injury, your life can become strained not only financially, but also emotionally, physically, and socially. Although no money in the world can undo the traumatizing experience that you went through, fair compensation can and should make your post-injury life easier by addressing such damages and losses as loss of income, pain and suffering, past and future medical bills, and many more.
Our Philadelphia personal injury attorney from The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., is available 24/7 to give you a free phone consultation and answer all of your questions about Personal Injury Law in Pennsylvania.
What Are the Types of Personal Injury Tort Law?
In Pennsylvania, personal injury tort law recognizes several different forms of liability after an accident caused by another person or entity’s carelessness, negligence, recklessness, wrongdoing or intentional act:
- Personal injury negligence. “This type of tort law applies when another individual or business fails to take reasonable precautions and adhere to appropriate standards of care and you get injured as a result,” explains our skilled personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia.
- Intentional act, which applies when another individual or entity intentionally engages in an activity to cause you injury.
- Strict liability, which applies in situations when there is a responsibility to other people regardless of whether any unreasonable conduct was involved.
- Product liability, which is considered a subcategory of strict liability. Under this legal theory, product manufacturers have a duty to ensure that their products are safe for use and provide reasonable instructions and labels to warn of safety precautions and hidden hazards.
What Damages Can I Receive Through My Personal Injury Claim?
“If you are planning to pursue a personal injury case against the at-fault party, knowing what types of damages you can receive is of paramount importance,” says our Philadelphia personal injury lawyer.
Depending on many factors in your personal injury case and the nature and extent of your injury, the following damages may be recoverable in your case:
- Medical care, including the past, present, and future medical bills related to treating your injury and physical condition as well as any rehabilitation costs that you may require in the long run.
- Lost wages, which should reflect the value of the loss of income now and in the future.
- Property damage or loss. If your vehicle, cell phone, or any other belongings and property were damaged or destroyed in your accident or incident, you may be entitled to recover damages for it.
- Pain and suffering. Depending on both the nature and severity of your injury, pain and suffering damages may be recoverable if you have experienced any physical or emotional pain, discomfort, inconvenience, and other.
- Emotional distress and mental anguish. Many victims often underestimate the value of emotional pain and mental anguish caused by their injury. In reality, these two types of non-tangible damages alone can be worth thousands of dollars.
- Diminished quality of life. If your injury has had a negative impact on your ability to do the things you enjoyed or your lifestyle as a whole, you may have a right to pursue compensation for the diminished quality of life.
Why Should I Hire a Philadelphia Personal Injury Attorney?
The vast majority of people who ask this question after suffering an injury have never been seriously injured before and have no idea what it really means to engage in a legal battle with someone who’s not particularly keen on paying for your damages and losses.
By having a skilled personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia by your side, you can entrust your legal matters to a professional who knows how to handle a personal injury case to win the maximum compensation.
Dealing with insurance companies is another unpleasant aspect of seeking compensation for your personal injury. Insurers in Pennsylvania – or any other state for that matter – only care about their own profits. Any insurance company is basically a business, and denying and minimizing personal injury claims is their way of making money at the expense of their policyholders.
Let our Philadelphia personal injury lawyer from The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., handle your legal matters so that you do not have to cope with more stress than necessary. Instead, focus on your medical treatment to recover as soon as possible, while our legal experts work toward pursuing financial compensation on your behalf. Call at 215-543-7220 to get a free phone consultation right now.
This content was written on behalf of Greg Prosmushkin.