Philadelphia Shopping Mall Injury Lawyer
Malls and Shopping Centers owe the highest duty of care with regards to safety to their customers. This means that you should be provided a safe place to come and shop. This duty extends to the outside of the mall or shopping center and the inside of the shopping center. Unfortunately, with some malls and shopping centers, this duty is either completely or partially ignored. As a result, shoppers or others lawfully on the premises get injured. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our attorneys and staff have handled hundreds of claims involving injury at these kinds of properties. If you or a loved one have been injured on mall or shopping center property, call our office. The consultation is absolutely free. malls and shopping centers have an affirmative duty to:
- Keep the ground clear of tripping and slipping hazards.
- Keep the floors clean and free of slippery substances and articles of trash which should not be there.
- Keep the doorways and escalators in good working order, so as not to injure anyone.
- Keep its Roofing and plumbing in good working order, so as to prevent leaks and other slipping hazards from endangering the public.
- Keep its parking lot and the walkways to the shopping center and mall free of Ice and Snow.
- Keep the driveways clear of holes or other uneven deviations which can cause injury.
- Maintain proper egress and ingress for cars to come and go from the property without the configuration of the parking causing an accident.
- Maintain proper stop and yield signs for safe driving to and from the property.
- Keep employees under check so that they do not assault or otherwise injure customers.
- Keep customers safe from other shoppers (security).
For many of us, shopping at retail stores is a weekly activity. You may think that the biggest pain point that can be caused by shopping occurs in your wallet, yet, shopping is like any other activity that takes place in the world – it is riddled with risks. While it may seem harmless to browse stores in search of the latest clothing, electronics, and other goods, shopping-related injuries such as slip and fall accidents, occur regularly throughout the United States and account for thousands of personal injury claims each year. When we go shopping, we have a right to expect for stores to be kept safe from hazardous conditions. Failure to take reasonable measures to ensure safety can lead to slip and fall accidents and other incidents that can result in serious injuries.
In short, malls and shopping centers have an affirmative duty to keep the public safe. Why? Because malls and shopping centers invite the public to come to their property and buy things from them. This invitation creates a duty, and this duty is of the highest order under the law. At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., our experience with these properties allows us to best advise our clients on their case. We understand the intricacies of who owns these malls and shopping centers, and we have an investigative team which ensures that we always hold the proper party accountable to an injury claim. If you or a loved one sustained an injury at a mall or shopping center, call our office for a consultation. The call will be free, as will be the consultation.
At The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we see cases of personal injury at malls and shopping centers routinely. It has been our experience that the mall or shopping center is usually understaffed in these cases, and that they do not have the manpower to care for their customers and the property in a proper fashion. If you were injured at the mall or at a shopping center, before you take matters into your own hands, call The Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C. for a straightforward, to the point consultation, so you learn your rights and responsibilities.
This content was written on behalf of Greg Prosmushkin.