Nobody wants to get into a vehicle accident, but we know that driving in and around the city can be tough. If you or a loved one are injured and need a car accident lawyer, you need to know where to turn. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are ready to put our experience to work on your behalf. Let us investigate every aspect of your crash so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses.
Our car accident statistics
New Jersey citizens are no strangers to crashes, but it helps to see the numbers from official sources. According to the NJ Department of Transportation, there were 270,231 total crashes reported across our state during the latest reporting year. Out of those, there were:
- 61,753 injury crashes
- 624 fatal crashes
Closer to home, Mercer County had 10,329 total crashes during that same year. Out of those:
- 2,338 were injury crashes
- 26 were fatal crashes
While we understand that most vehicle crashes are relatively minor, we need to point out that even minor injuries can lead to medical bills that are difficult to afford. It is not uncommon for our Trenton car accident lawyers to see the following injuries in the aftermath of a crash:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Each of these injuries requires medical care, and it is vital that a victim get the compensation they need. Understanding the car insurance laws in New Jersey can be tricky, especially when there are serious injuries.
Common causes of Trenton car accidents
Driver errors can usually be attributed to a crash. In many cases, these incidents happen because a driver failed to yield, improperly changing lanes, followed someone too closely, or disregarded a stop sign. However, there are some driver behaviors that lead to more serious incidents.
- Drunk drivers tend to operate recklessly and at high speeds, leading to serious injuries and fatalities.
- Distracted driving is becoming more and more common as our phones become an integral part of our lives.
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions is still the number one contributing factor to all vehicle accidents in the state.
We are ready to secure the compensation you need
No two car accidents are the same, and the aftermath can be confusing. If another person was at-fault in a crash that injured you or a loved one, please seek legal assistance today. At the Law Offices of Greg Prosmushkin, P.C., we are going to get to work on your case immediately so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your past and future medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible